Volume 58, Issue 10
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Leading the profession, new KEA trainings offer FREE, self-paced instruction
KEA’s professional development trainings continue to expand and provide our members with the latest and most flexible forms of continuing education in the profession. We know how busy our members are, and that’s why KEA is launching new, self-paced instruction at no charge to our members.
KEA and our training partners now make up over 85% of the courses on the Education Professional Standards Board approval list. In addition, more than 50% of these EPSB trainings are offered at free to KEA members. This is just another example of the value of KEA membership to our educators.
New Self-Paced Offerings Include:
- Autism: Teaching Students with Autism
- Dyscalculia: Difficulty with Calculations
- Dyslexia: What Every Classroom Educator Should Know
- Dysgraphia: Difficulty with Writing
- Ethics for Educators
- NBCT Candidate Considerations
- NBCT Becoming A NBCT: Overview of the NBCT Process
- NBCT Professional Learning Facilitator Training
- See Poverty… Be the Difference
- Trauma Informed Classroom Strategies
These courses are FREE to our KEA members. There is a fee for non-members.
To date, the Education Professional Standards Board has now approved:
- 4 KEA Live trainings
- 9 KEA Self-Paced Trainings
- 82 NEA Micro-credentials
- 21 Professional Learning Board trainings (KEA partner)
- 39 Teacher-Coach Courses (KEA partner)
To find out all the latest on KEA trainings and professional development information, visit the Professionalism page on the KEA website.