NEA will be providing members an opportunity to participate in a virtual Professional Learning Community (PLC) to support successful completion of a NEA Micro-credential from start to finish. Educators who participate in a PLC to complete a micro-credential are more likely to earn their badge the first time. The virtual PLC will be facilitated by a trained micro-credential facilitator and consist of weekly support meetings via zoom. PLCs will start during the week of July 13 and end by August 31. PLCs will meet on the day indicated below, anytime from 3-9pm EST for 30-60 mins. Facilitators will reach out to participants with exact dates and times. Members may register for more than 1 PLC.
Members may register for any of the following PLCs:
- Exploring Restorative Practices
- In this PLC, educators will explore restorative practices to strengthen relationships and build a community where harm can be addressed and repaired.
- PLC will meet once a week on Monday afternoon/evenings (from July 13-August 31).
- See micro-credential here:http://kea.haloapplications.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Exploring-Restorative-Practices.pdf
- Technology for Educational Leaders: Curating Content
- In this PLC, educators will use a variety of curation tools to collect meaningful content for their students.
- PLC will meet once a week on Tuesday afternoon/evenings (from July 13-August 31).
- See micro-credential here: https://nea.certificationbank.com/images/NEAdocuments/TFC/Curating%20Content.pdf
- In this PLC, educators will inspire students to positively contribute to and responsibly participate in the digital world.
- PLC will meet once a week on Wednesday afternoon/evenings (from July 13-August 31).
- See micro-credential here: https://nea.certificationbank.com/images/NEAdocuments/TI/Technology%20Integration-%20Citizen.pdf
- In this PLC, educators will demonstrate the impact of continuous professional development and its application on their own teaching practice and student success.
- PLC will meet once a week on Thursday afternoon/evenings (from July 13-August 31).
- See micro-credential here: https://nea.certificationbank.com/images/NEAdocuments/InTasc/Continuous%20Learning.pdf
- Technology Integration: Citizen
- Teaching the Teacher: The Importance of Continuous Learning
Link to registration:
- Registration closes June 29
- Please note, this professional learning opportunity is open only to NEA members.
Resources on NEA Micro-credentials: