Micro-Credentials are well known throughout the country as a way to personalize learning for educators. They are job embedded professional learning that is based on mastering specific competencies. Educators identify a competency they want to develop, submit evidence that they have mastered the competency, and receive a digital badge once the evidence is approved.
We offer over 100 micro-credentials.
Each is developed by practicing educators across the country.
Each is evaluated and scored by an educator that has been extensively trained.
They take approximately 15 hours to complete and designed to be done over 6-8 weeks to demonstrate mastery of content.
KEA Members- FREE
Non-members- $75 per micro-credential
Why offer micro-credentials?
• Micro-credentials are a competency based recognition that can be issued for formal and informal professional learning experiences to support educators developing skills and acquiring knowledge to improve classroom practices that support student success.
• Micro-credentials offer personalized learning experiences for educators
• Micro-credentials are on demand. The learning happens anywhere, anytime.
• Micro-credentials are sharable. They can be shared with evaluators, posted on social networks and added to resumes.
How can you use micro-credentials?
• Individuals may use micro-credentials for your own personal learning goals
• Teams or PLC’s (professional learning communities) may use micro-credentials to support their learning goals.
• The micro-credential can be shared on social media, resumes, portfolios, or shared with your evaluator.
How long do I have to complete a micro-credential?
You will have 6 months from the time you start your micro-credential to complete the process.