Tuesday April 15, 2014
Teacher Appreciation Week will be celebrated May 4-10. National Teacher Day will be recognized on Tuesday, May 6. To help you spread the word about amazing teachers and the outstanding work they do each day, NEA put together Teacher Appreciation activities, resources, and tools.
Teacher Appreciation Artwork
NEA’s 2014 Teacher Day poster, web banners, and buttons are available for downloading at www.nea.org/teacherday.
Help Us Spread the Word!
On Tuesday, May 6 join our celebration of amazing teachers by:
- Updating your Facebook status to thank a teacher who made a difference in your life. You can use “Happy Teacher Appreciation Day! Thank you [INSERT TEACHER NAME] for making a difference in my life” or something more personal.
- Using our Teacher Day cover image on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Checking out our Pinterest boards and repining/sharing our pins!
- Share your plans! Doing something super cool and amazing to celebrate Teacher Week? Drop us an email with details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joining our #thankateacher conversation to raise awareness about the vital role teachers play in the lives of students. Here are a few sample tweets you can use:
- If you can write your name, #thankateacher
- If you followed your dreams, #thankateacher
- If you can read, #thankateacher
- If you can speak a second language, #thankateacher
- If you think outside the box, #thankateacher
- If you know how to play fair, #thankateacher
- If you know how to share, #thankateacher
- If you know how to make good choices, #thankateacher
We have a number of activities and events taking place throughout Teacher Appreciation Week! Please follow our Tweets and feel free to retweet us at www.twitter.com/NEAToday
Want photos, videos, memes and the latest on Teacher Week activities? Be sure to like us on Facebook and check our feed for the latest.
We’ll be posting a multitude of photos to #thankateacher throughout the week. Follow along or add your own photos to the stream!
Want to Do More?
Make a real difference in the lives of amazing teachers nationwide by taking these four easy actions:
- Petition your representative to issue a proclamation celebrating teachers and declaring Tuesday, May 6 National Teacher Day.
- Support public education by making a donation to the NEA Foundation. Your investment will help educators close the achievement gaps, increase classroom innovations, provide professional development opportunities, and more.
- Be a partner in education. Find effective parent-teacher strategies that will have a direct impact on your child's success.
- Visit your local school and find out how you can help. Volunteer in the concession stand at a football game, donate supplies, or chaperone an event
View the News & Information Archives