Monday February 15, 2016
Location: Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.
Workshop Date: June 30, 2016
Theme: Unite, Inspire, Lead: Harnessing the Power of Our Diversity
Call for Workshop Proposals
All interested individuals are required to submit their proposals using the online portal at 2016 JC Call for Proposals. Interested individuals may also use the link located on the NEA Joint Conference on Minorities and Women’s site .
The conference will host between 10-12 workshops.
In our effort to continue to provide the best professional development experience for conference participants and to align our workshop offerings to NEA's strategic goals and leadership competencies, please find the following guidelines NEA will use in making workshop selections.
- reflect a current racial or social justice issue(s) affecting people of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and/or transgender people
- maintain a pro-public education perspective inclusive of teachers; education support professionals such as instructional assistants, bus drivers, food service; or higher education faculty
- engage workshop attendees in discussions, small group activity, and/or large group activity
- facilitate the planning of collective action by workshop participants
- align with at least one NEA Leadership Competency
The deadline for submitting proposals is March 11, 2016. Notifications will be sent to all respondents to the Call for Presenters by March 18, 2016.
View the News & Information Archives