Thursday May 2, 2013
Teacher Appreciation Week will be celebrated May 6-10. National Teacher Day will be recognized on Tuesday, May 7. Find more suggestions at http://www.nea.org/grants/1359.htm
Make a real difference in the lives of amazing teachers nationwide by taking these five easy actions:
- Urge your elected leaders to stand up for teachers and students by restoring funding for early childhood education, special ed, college work-study and more.
- Ask Congress to support educators where it really counts, in their pocketbooks.
- Support public education by making a donation to the NEA Foundation.
- Nominate an amazing teacher for People Magazine’s 2013 Teacher of the Year Award.
- Visit your local school and find out how you can help. Volunteer in the concession stand at a football game, donate supplies, or chaperone an event.
On Tuesday, May 7 join our celebration of amazing teachers by:
- Updating your Facebook status to thank a teacher who made a difference in your life.
- Signing our “Thank an Educator” pledge to show your support and appreciation - go to www.nea.org/teacherday
- Joining our #thankateacher conversation to raise awareness about the vital role teachers play in the lives of students. Here are a few sample tweets you can use:
- If you can write your name, #thankateacher
- If you followed your dreams, #thankateacher
- If you can read, #thankateacher
- If you can speak a second language, #thankateacher
View the News & Information Archives